Livermore High School Alumni Association
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reunion planning information below
Upcoming Class Reunions
Please let us know the particulars of your reunion so we can help get the word out!
Reunion Planning Tips
Don't know where to start or what to plan? Here are some basic starting points from LHSAA Board Member, Bruce Frame - '67
1) You will need a core of individuals to get this started. Having your committee local is an asset, but not an absolute.
2) Two of your biggest hurtles to overcome will be collecting the "addresses" (electronic and snail mail) of your alumni and the amount of time left prior to your reunion date to get your reunion scheduled. Advanced and repeated communications (gentle reminders) to classmates is crucial to increasing attendance.
3) Time of year should be considered. To close to major holidays / events can greatly impact your attendance. I am guessing that a good majority may still have children at home so travel during the school year may be difficult for some.
4) The number of activities to be planned, such as attending an LHS basketball or football game on a Friday evening, a Saturday evening reunion party (a sit down dinner with bar, music, etc. or just meeting for cocktails / hor dourves) will effect your costs.
5) If you have contact info for other class reunion committees, reach out to them for possible help in getting your reunion plans known.
6) Also, consider that there will be some up-front costs to consider before you receive any "income". Are your committee members willing to "float" the initial start-up money until funds are received? Some out-of-pocket expenses many include: deposits for venue, catering, d.j., decorations, printing, postage, etc.
7) Establish an email address for the event, something like: LHSCLASSOFXX @gmail.com
8) Contact the LHSAA to help get the word out, lots of our members have siblings or children from LHS
9) Leave a little money in your account for the next reunion
10) Consider having classmates make and pay for their reservations on-line i.e. myevent.com
Good Luck & Keep Planning
CLASS of 1967 - OUR 50th ANNIVERSARY
Our website: 1967 Class Reunion
When: Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017
Location: Basso's Arena
Time: 5:30PM til 10:00PM
Contact: Ray Alsdorf 925-548-8817
Dates: Friday, November 3, 2017, 7:00 PM LHS / Granada Game
Saturday, November 4th, Carnegie Bldg. 10 AM for docent led historical walking tour of downtown.
Saturday 4th, Beeb's 6 PM Drinks, Dinner
Sunday 5th, Beeb's 9 AM Breakfast
Contact: Karen email@example.com